Training Program Coach
At Fleet Feet, we offer training programs year-round for distances ranging from one mile to a marathon. Our coaches work with our training program coordinator to design group training plans, lead workouts, provide tips and expertise, and ensure that participants and volunteer mentors get the most out of the program, both in terms of fitness and fun!
We have multiple coaching opportunities available including road running, group cross training workouts, trail running, triathlon training, and more.
As a coach you will lead training program workouts and drive our company’s collective progress. In this role you will be responsible for managing the overall training experience for the training program. You will be interacting with trainees with all experience levels, resolving athlete issues and creating an upbeat, positive and inclusive environment. You are one of our main ambassadors for the thriving running community in Greenville, NC. Within the scope of this position, you will contribute to the company’s overall position as the leader in franchising locally owned and operated running stores that build thriving running communities.
- Attend all weekly training runs, seminars, and events, as well as the goal race.
- Motivate and lead participants, sharing your knowledge and expertise.
- Conduct info sessions and seminars on basic running topics.
- Make sure that all relevant information is passed on to participants and mentors.
- Organize mentors and pace runners and oversee them during training runs.
- Understand how to modify program to meet participants’ needs.
- Report participant/mentor feedback to Training Program Coordinator.
- Track attendance and follow up with participants when necessary.
- Set up water stops & cones on route (when needed) provided by Training Program Coordinator, and check course for any obstructions, etc.
- Run/bike from front to back of group during all runs ensuring that all participants are safe and accounted for.
- Talk to participants about safety (hydration, traffic, road crossings, etc.). Coaches are responsible for 100% of the people in their group returning safely!
- Enforce the various “rules” – headlamps in the dark, running etiquette, no headphones, etc.
- Provide organized group stretching for training participants before/after.
- Stay informed about upcoming location changes, store seminars, etc.
- Stay in touch with Training Program Coordinator on weekly basis.
- Cheer on participants during race day.
- Understand the store and how Fleet Feet ensures the proper fit of footwear, apparel and accessories by utilizing our fit process.
- Promote and host in-store events and training programs.
- Be proactive in learning the details of each shoe, apparel, and accessory line in the store, as well as the products fit and function.
- Build genuine relationships with customers through active listening.
- Be an ambassador for Fleet Feet Sports at all activities, functions, and events.
- Have FUN!!
- Other duties as required and directed by Fleet Feet Greenville, NC to ensure the continued success of the Fleet Feet brand. These may, on occasion, be unrelated to the position described here.
- Willingness to go above and beyond when needed.
- Flexibility and positive reaction to change.
- An overall understanding of what sets Fleet Feet apart and why customers come into the store and why they train with us.
- Ability to show customer service in all situations.
- Open availability including evenings and weekends.
- First Aid/CPR Certified (can be obtained after employment).
- Team player, foster a positive, non-competitive environment for people of varying fitness levels and abilities.
- Experience working with and motivating large groups.
- Excellent public speaking and communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible and to improvise when needed.
- Strong desire and willingness to continuously learn about running/walking/fitness.
- Believe in and live a healthy lifestyle.
- Have participated in numerous 5K, 10K, half marathon and/or marathons preferred (not required).
- Previous coaching experience or experience with athletic training preferred (not required).
- Certification from Fleet Feet, RRCA, USATF, or Personal Training background preferred (not required).
ESTIMATED TIME COMMITMENT:
The weekly time commitment is approximately 4-6 hours for the duration of the training program, though hours may vary. For most programs, plan on one weeknight workout and one Saturday morning run. Refer to the individual program page for more information.
WANT TO JOIN OUR FLEET?
Are you looking to turn your passion into your career, work with like-minded people in a fast-pace, fun and customer centric working environment? Email your Resume to email@example.com. Be sure to reference this job and tell us why you’d be a great fit with our team.
**This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
If interested email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org