· May coach one or more groups
· Attend all weekly training runs, seminars, events and race day
· Come prepared to organize, motivate, and instruct the training group
· Responsible for communication to participants, including timely emails
· Motivate and lead participants—share knowledge and expertise
· May conduct info sessions/seminars when another “expert” is not available
· Organize groups according to pace/time/distance
· Organize mentors and oversee them during practices
· Work according to training plan laid out by store owner
o Understand how to modify program to meet participants’ needs
· Track attendance and follow up with participants when necessary
· Plan routes, set up water stops, cones, checks course for any obstructions, etc.
· Run/bike from front to back of group during all runs ensuring that all participants are safe and accounted for
· Responsible for 100% of the people in their group returning safely – leave no runner behind
· Enforce the various “rules” – headlamps in the dark, trail etiquette, no headphones, etc.
· Must wear water bottles and headlamps when expecting others to do so
· Carry a cell phone with them at all times during a workout. Cell numbers of fellow coaches, local safety and law enforcement officials should be in the cell phone directory.
· Provide organized group stretching for training participants
· Stay in touch with store owner on weekly basis
· Cheer on participants during race day
*Coaches will not conduct their own workout during a group workout session
· Fleet Feet Sports Ambassador
· Certification from Fleet Feet Sports , RRCA, USATF, or Personal Training background preferred
· CPR/First Aid/AED certified